Fuseman

LIC. 266159c

Fuseman

Why are Melted Wires So Dangerous?

Electricity is something we cant really live without and we are so dependent on it in our day-to-day lives that we almost take it for granted sometimes. Apart from the actual electrical fixtures like the powerpoints, lights etc, all the wiring and related installations are generally out of sight. Unfortunately, this also sometimes means they are out of mind and we rarely give too much thought to them unless something actually goes wrong or an electrical point or appliance doesnt function the way it should.

This is probably also how many electrical issues seem like they have arisen all of a sudden. The fact is that most electrical installations show some signs of deterioration before they actually turn into a major issue. Electrical fires can be very dangerous and one of the major causes of it are melted wiring. There are a variety of things that can cause wiring to melt; here are some of the reasons:

Arcing

All electricity has an electromagnetic field and the one that flows through wires in your home, is no different. You cant really feel, see or hear this electromagnetic filed in the electrical installations in your home; however, its quite evident in overhead electricity cables that are part of the main power supply system. There are times when this type of electricity build-up occurs even in regular electrical wiring on your property, which can cause it to weaken. If this isn't addressed on time, it results in melted wiring and arcing (hissing, buzzing, crackling sound).

Power overloads

At times the electrical wiring in your home is unable to bear the load of the electrical appliances that are drawing power from the circuits they are attached to. This causes an overload; and typically when this occurs, the fuse in that circuit blows. In case this fails to happen, and the electricity continues to flow through the system, the wires get heated up which causes melted wiring.

Short Circuits

If a live wire comes directly in contact with a neutral wire it results in a short circuit. If this happens, the fuse in that circuit blows which disconnects the electrical supply within that circuit. Again, if this doesn't happen and the electricity continues to flow through the wiring, it causes the wiring to heat up which leads to melting of wires.

Never defer electrical repairs

If you find that any of the power points in your home are hot to the touch, or even if you hear arcing in any electrical insulation, don't defer calling in an Emergency Electrician in Sydney to check out what the problem is. We at Fuseman are one of the most reliable and sought-after electricians in Sydney and provide prompt, efficient and competitively-priced services, exactly when you need them.